Bike to Work Month is a yearly campaign that encourages people to try cycling as a fun and healthy option for getting to and from work. Participants in the campaign:
- Are eligible to win individual and team prizes
- Have fun by creating a workplace team and engaging in friendly competition
- Have access to free tools and resources
- Save money (if they hop out of their car)
- Turn their commute into a daily workout
Whether you want to try biking to work for the first time, use the campaign to encourage your employer to support alternative commuting options, or encourage others at your workplace to give it a try, Bike to Work Month is a fun, free way to kick off the warmer season.
Bike to Work Month, an EnviroCentre initiative, is made possible with the support of local businesses, sponsors and our partnership with the City of Ottawa.
How it works
You can participate in Bike to Work Month as an individual or be part of a team:
- Simply sign up by creating a user name and password to access your personal profile page (don’t worry, our site is secure and no personal information is ever shared or sold).
- Once you have registered, you can start or join a workplace team, or participate as an individual.
From there, you will be able to:
- Log your bike commutes during the month of May
- Track your progress and see the positive impact you are making
- Learn how much money you have saved and pollution you have averted
During May, we also conduct random draws and give away over $10,000 in individual and team prizes.
Established in 1999, EnviroCentre is an Ottawa based non-profit organization that brings environmental change to life by offering people, communities and organizations with practical solutions to lighten their environmental impact in lasting ways.
With a focus on greenhouse gas reduction, we concentrate our efforts in these areas:
- Healthy, efficient homes
- Connected, environmentally aware organizations
- Engaged, sustainable communities
Over 30% of our 2016 Bike to Work Month participants had NEVER biked to work before!
100% said they would keep cycling to work after May!