By participating in the Bike to Work Month Contest (the “Contest”), you are agreeing to be legally bound by the terms and conditions of these Official Contest Rules (the “Rules”).
- CONTEST PERIOD
This Contest is administered by EnviroCentre. It starts at 12:00 AM EST, Monday, May 1, 2017 and ends at 11:59 PM EST, Wednesday, May 31, 2017 (the “Contest Period”).
To be eligible to participate in this contest you must, throughout the Contest Period, meet all of the following requirements:
- Be a resident of Ontario or Quebec;
- Be eighteen (18) years of age or older at the time of entry; and
- NOT be an employee of, or a member of the immediate family of an employee of EnviroCentre or an individual who is involved in the production, implementation, or administration of this C Individuals who are not eligible under rule 2(c) may sign-up and log trips, but are not eligible to win prizes.
- HOW TO ENTER – NO PURCHASE NECESSARY
- You must first create your account atca during the Contest Period or after April 1, 2017, during early registration. Only one account per participant is permitted.
- Ride a bicycle to work, or part of the way to work, during the Contest Only trips to, from, or within the city of Ottawa qualify for the Contest and you must log at least one trip during the Contest Period.
- Log your daily trips by logging in to your account on biketoworkottawa.ca and entering the distance of your trip (in km). To be eligible for a prize, participants must log at least one trip on the
- Entry for a workplace team prize requires that the leader of a team, comprised of at least two individuals, create an account and register in accordance with section 3a above. Team prizes will be awarded to the team leader who creates the account. A team must log at least one trip during the Contest Period to be eligible for a prize.
- PRIZES AND WINNER SELECTION PROCESS
- Winners will be randomly selected through a draw throughout and at the end of the Contest Period (the final draw will occur no later than June 9, 2017). Random draws will be held for both individual and workplace team prizes. Chances of winning depend on the total number of eligible participants in each participant category.
The Contest Prizes are available for viewing on the “Prizes” section of www.biketoworkottawa.ca. The “Prizes” section does not show ALL prizes but only provides a sample of some of the prizes available to be won.
- PRIZE CONDITIONS
Without limiting the generality of the forgoing, the following conditions apply to ALL prizes in this Contest:
- Each prize must be accepted as awarded and is not transferable;
- There are no substitutions permitted; and,
- EnviroCentre reserves the right, in its sole discretion, to substitute any prize, or component thereof, with a prize of equal or greater
- WINNER NOTIFICATION, VERIFICATION AND DECLARATION:
- EnviroCentre will make three (3) attempts to contact each selected winner by using the email address provided through ca. If a selected participant cannot be contacted or has not responded within three (3) working days or if there is a return of any notification as undeliverable, then the participant will be disqualified and EnviroCentre reserves the right, in its sole discretion, to select another eligible participant from among the remaining eligible Contest participants in accordance with the Contest Rules
- Before being declared a winner, a selected participant may be required to provide proof of identity, age and/or their
- The selected participant will be required to complete a Contest Prize Declaration and Release that (among other things) includes: (i) a declaration of compliance with these Rules; (ii) acknowledgement of acceptance of the prize as awarded; (iii) a response to a mathematical skill-testing question; and (iv) the release of EnviroCentre and/or any of their respective advertising/promotional agencies and each of their respective officers, directors, agents, representatives, successors an assigns (collectively, the “Releasees”) from any and all liability in connection with this Contest, the selected participant’s participation therein and/or the awarding and/or use/misuse of a prize or any portion thereof. If a selected participant fails to return the properly executed Contest documents he/she will be
- Prizes must be picked-up in person at the EnviroCentre office, before June 30, 2017. Prize winners are responsible for returning executed Contest documents and picking up prizes within the specified timeframe.
- GENERAL CONDITIONS
- EnviroCentre reserves the right at its sole discretion, to disqualify any individual or team participant for failure to comply with these Rules or its misuse of the of theca website, including its entry process.
- EnviroCentre reserves the right in its sole discretion to cancel, modify or suspend the Contest at any time and its decisions shall be final and binding on all participants.
- This Contest is governed by the laws of Ontario and the laws of Canada applicable therein, and is subject to all applicable federal and provincial laws and By entering this Contest, the participant agrees that the courts of the Province of Ontario shall have jurisdiction to entertain any action or other legal proceedings based on any provision of the Rules or the administration of this Contest. The participant hereby irrevocably attorns to the exclusive jurisdiction of the courts of the Province of Ontario.
- LIMITATION OF LIABILITY AND INDEMNITY
- By entering this Contest, participants agree that EnviroCentre is not responsible for any injuries, loss or damage of any kind, whatsoever and howsoever arising from or in connection with their participation in this Contest or the use of prizes won therefrom, and participants agree to indemnify and hold EnviroCentre harmless from and against any and all claims, damages, losses, liabilities, demands, suits, judgments, causes of action, legal proceedings, penalties or other sanctions, including all direct, indirect, consequential and incidental damages, and any and all costs and expenses arising in connection therewith, including legal fees and disbursements on a solicitor and his own client basis, which may, directly or indirectly in any way result from or arise out of or be in relation to the negligence of the participant.
- Without restricting the generality of the foregoing EnviroCentre assumes no responsibility for and shall have no liability for any error, omission, interruption, deletion, defect, or delay in operation or transmission; communications line failure; theft or destruction of or unauthorized access to participant registration data or entry forms; or alteration of registration or entry forms. EnviroCentre is not responsible for any problems with or technical malfunction of any telephone network or lines, computer online systems, servers or providers, computer equipment, software, failure to register to the Contest on account of technical problems or traffic congestion on the Internet or at any website, human errors of any kind, or any combination thereof, including any injury or damage to entrants’ or any other persons’ computers related to or resulting from participation, uploading or downloading of any materials related to in this contest.
- Personal information collected through www.biketoworkottawa.ca is used for administering the online services that you request. By participating in this Contest through the biketoworkottawa.ca website, you acknowledge that your personal information is being collected by EnviroCentre for the purposes of operating and administering the Contest. Should you win a prize, your full name may be subject to publication, without your further consent.